Have you ever wondered how a simple ingredient found in the kitchen of our homes can work wonders for our skin? Sounds great, right? Besan is one such ingredient that is not only good for our health but using a besan face pack has tons of benefits attached to it too. The fun part is it is easily available at our homes or one can buy it from the market and we can use besan face pack for fairness. Read on to know more about its benefits, how to prepare it, and its side effects.
Table of Contents
- What is Besan?
- Health benefits of besan
- Benefits of besan face pack
- How to prepare a besan face pack?
- Potential side effects if any
What is Besan?
Besan or gram flour or chickpea flour is a much-loved ingredient used for making scrumptious dishes in the entire Indian Subcontinent. Whether it be used in ladoos or as a covering for making delicious pakoras. Used as a dough or covering paste for dishes like bhaji and sev etc. Besan serves a variety of purposes and is a very useful ingredient. It can also be used as a besan face pack for fairness and glowing skin. What are the potential benefits of the besan face pack? let’s find out in the following section.
Health Benefits Of Besan
1. It lowers bad cholesterol- Apart from its skincare benefits, there are additional health benefits too that are associated with besan. It is high in nutrition and fiber and when not deep-fried it can help in weight loss and also helps to lower your bad cholesterol.
2. Helps In Controlling Diabetes- Besan has a very low glycaemic index and a healthy mixture of unsaturated fats which can help in controlling diabetes and can also act as a healthy alternative to wheat flour for making rotis and parathas.
3. Heals Anaemia- Besan is rich in iron which makes it a perfect cure for Anaemia.
4. Strengthening The Bones- Rich in phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium makes besan a must-have food for strengthening your bones.
5. Blood Pressure Regulator- As it is rich in magnesium so besan helps in improving vascular health thereby improving your blood pressure as a whole.
6. Reduces fatigue and Helps In Improving Mood- As besan is rich in Thiamin and Vitamin B6 it helps in converting food to energy which in turn leads to a reduction in fatigue and also helps in regulating serotonin which is responsible for the regulation of our mood.
7. Gluten-Free- Besan is gluten-free and can act as a perfect substitute for eggs. Besan can also be used for vegan cooking and is useful for people who are allergic to gluten.
8. Cures during Pregnancy- Besan is rich in folate which helps in the development of the fetus’ brain and spinal cord during pregnancy leading to proper growth and development of the baby.
Benefits Of Besan Face Pack
1. Anti-Tan Property
Besan has anti-tan properties and can be used as a face pack for tan removal so say no to that stubborn tan that refuses to leave our skin. One can easily prepare a besan face pack for tan removal by adding 4 teaspoons of besan,1 teaspoon lemon juice,1 teaspoon yogurt, and a pinch of Haldi and then apply the paste to your face and neck. Once it dries off wash it and then see the effect for yourself. Doing this every day will remove every inch of your skin tan very easily. You can also use this besan face pack for glowing skin.
2. Lightening The Skin
We use this besan face pack for skin whitening and fairness. All you have to do is add 4 teaspoons besan,1 teaspoon raw milk, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice and apply it to your face by scrubbing gently in a circular motion and then wash it off with cool water. Your skin will appreciate you for this nourishment. It is the best face pack for glowing skin.
3. Reduces Dark Spots
It is a besan face pack for dark spot removal as prolonged exposure to the sun can sometimes create dark spots around your neck and arms. Applying a mix of besan, lemon juice, yogurt, and Haldi and then washing it off after 20 minutes will give you the desired result although you have to do it three times a week in order to see the visible result.
4. Helps In The Removal of Acne And Scars
Another great usage is that you can use a besan face pack for acne and scars too. We all know how acne, pimples, blackheads, and scars are a source of constant worry for many of us. But fear not as besan is the one-stop solution for eliminating all your acne and scar troubles. All you have to do is apply a paste of dahi, besan, and Haldi to your face and neck or wherever you have acne, scars, and blemishes, and then wash it off with cold water after drying it completely. After repeated usage, you will start to see the changes.
5. Anti-Ageing Property
In order to age gracefully and avoid those irritating wrinkles on your face, you can use a besan face pack. All you have to do is add a mixture of green gram flour, egg whites, honey, and lemon juice and then apply it to your face after washing it with warm water to unclog your pores. Then again wash it with warm water and apply oil-free moisturizer for getting youthful skin. We can use this besan face pack for glowing skin.
6. Improves Dry Skin
Besan can also improve your dry skin condition by moisturizing it. You can create a mixture of besan, turmeric and then add a little milk cream to create the paste and then apply it to your face and neck. This besan face pack will help you with your skin complexion and also moisturize your dry skin.
7. Can be used as a body scrub
Besan also acts as a natural exfoliator and has healing properties. It can be used as an all-natural homemade body scrub. All you have to do is add 3 teaspoons besan,1 teaspoon grounded oats, and 2 teaspoon cornflour with raw milk, and then gently scrub it all over your body. This will help in removing dry skin cells, oiliness, and dirt and will make your skin beautiful and add a glow to it.
8. Removes Unwanted Facial Hair
A besan paste prepared with fenugreek(methi) powder and besan can work excellently in removing that irritating and unwanted facial hair. You have to scrub it gently and then wash it off and that’s it your irritating facial hairs are gone.
How To Prepare Besan Face Pack
- Milk and besan face pack- Add a mixture of 2 tablespoons of besan,1 tablespoon of yogurt, or two tablespoons of milk and then apply the paste to your skin and let it dry. Then after 20 minutes wash it off with cold water and then finally pat your skin dry and don’t rub it. It is a face pack for glowing skin.
- Besan and almond face pack- Mix 4 powdered almonds,1 tablespoon milk,½ teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of besan. Then apply the paste to your face and neck and let it dry for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes wash it off with cold water and pat the skin dry. We can use this besan face pack for glowing skin.
- Besan and cucumber face pack- You can use cucumber and besan face pack for skin whitening. Add a mixture of 2 tablespoons besan,2 tablespoons cucumber juice, and 5 drops of lemon juice. Apply the paste across your entire face and neck and let it dry for 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Potential Side Effects of Besan
As such besan doesn’t have any potential side effects and is completely safe for your face and skin. But if you are allergic to it then it is best to avoid it as then it can cause the following diseases such as-
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Those who are allergic to besan should preferably do a patch test before using it or consult a doctor if they are facing problems after using it and also one should avoid besan in summers as it produces excessive heat within the body.
Hence, it can be concluded that besan when used as a face pack or face mask can provide immense benefits to your skin and can act as a natural exfoliator to your skin. Although one important tip is that you have to apply the besan face pack three times a week for over 3-4 months in order to see any visible results. So are you ready to include a besan face pack in your beauty care routine?